Security remains an essential business amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and as dealers your ongoing sales efforts will go a long way in helping homeowners feel more secure in these uncertain times. Online selling is an effective way to reach existing and potential customers now that traditional selling approaches are off limits, and allows you to practice social distancing guidelines.
To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of proven tips and useful resources to put you on the road to online selling success.
1. Use social media – gather followers on Twitter, Nextdoor, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram with helpful and insightful informational posts.
2. Create or update a referral program with your existing customers. Get their attention with free product offers, like a garage door opener or thermostat. Or, give them a product credit for a customer referral. It would also be good to offer free professional installation once the stay-at-home orders are lifted.
3. Log-in to your partner portal (Alarm.com or SecureNet) to get helpful marketing materials such as email blasts, social media content and help in creating a co-branded website.
4. Start a direct mail campaign. Your marketing will not get lost in the chaos as people are staying home a lot more now and will be available to frequently check the mail.
5. Set up a sales call and/or installation session over video calling with FaceTime, Zoom, WebEx, or other video chat services.
6. Use technicians as delivery people instead of shipping. Emphasize the advantages of sanitized porch drop offs where technicians can also install window stickers or yard signs at the same time.
7. Don’t forget about your existing customers who still need radio upgrades! Send them an email highlighting the opportunity for a new panel or radio upgrade.
You could even throw in some freebies, like a 2GIG® Garage Door Controller, if they extend their contract.
8. Create a video, even using your smartphone device, and upload it for free to YouTube. People are hungry for information and want to help small businesses right now – videos are a great way to connect with your customer base!
9. Offer DIY or Do-It-Together types of installation packages, extending professional installation to when the COVID-19 crisis passes.
Ship “Light Glove” or “White Glove” systems to new customers with a table/counter kit enabling customers to choose the level of self-install they are comfortable with.
Provide the ability for customers to do installs on their own or using Virtual Install over video chat.
Attend our free Social Distance Installation webinar for more help on the topic!
Don’t be afraid to get creative. Use your knowledge of your customers and the needs in your community to rethink how best to reach them now.
Giving you the confidence that the 2GIG security products you sell deliver the ultimate experience in home protection, we are backing up your sales efforts with the following resources on the 2GIG dealer portal:
• Product literature and photos
• Downloadable brochures to use as mailers
• Door hangers
• Instruction manuals
• User guides
From our advanced eSeries™ security products that feature fully encrypted sensors for enhanced peace-of-mind to our sleek control panels, ultra-intuitive interfaces and best-in-class audio, the 2GIG portfolio sets new standards for ease-of-use. As a 2GIG dealer you are able to offer all these upgrades at no additional cost. This situation is evolving so if there is any additional support you need for online selling, we would like to hear from you. Reach out to your Regional Sales Rep for support anytime.